• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I have snuck back in while your backs were turned

Ruzi

I do apologize for posting in bits and snippets every few weeks, or even months, but I have returned and I intend on staying this time.
Just to put some point of topic to this thread, am I the only person with a habit of keeping up with something(books, hobbies, games) for a while, then forgetting about it for a while and then picking it up again?

Ruzi said:
...am I the only person with a habit of keeping up with something(books, hobbies, games) for a while, then forgetting about it for a while and then picking it up again?
I do that a lot too. Short attention span, I guess. I usually get really interested in something and then just burn out and totally lose interest.

I don't do that with books, though I do go through phases with authors or genres. I do, however, do that with puzzles and drawing and other various activities. It just depends on my mood. I could never give up books altogether for a time, though...reading is such a pleasure for me.

I've never noticed that tendency with myself. I like something, or I don't.

Period.

Cheers, Martin

If you're talking about a minute-to-minute basis, then yes, I take breaks from the things I like.

If you're talking in general, then I don't.

Cheers, Martin

I do a lot of things for about 2 weeks, and then I'm done with it for a few months, when I pick it back up again.

Back