• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I just arrived

Oooh tangential. A very stylish word indeed! (OK, yeah I looked it up).

Well as far as my age, I am 46. That means that I was in the turbulent '60's in elementary school and graduated high school in 1975. There was probably a lot of psychological whooey at that time in the public school system. Out with the old and in with the new! I remember going to the library. The quality of the printed books was much better back then, and they didn't need the fancy dust jackets they have now ( I always remove that dumb jacket when I am reading a book). But truthfully, I cannot remember most of the books that I read. The only one I remember was "The Outsiders" that I had to read in 7th or 8th grade. I think somewhere along the line I read "To Kill A Mockingbird" too. I remember liking The Outsiders, and have just ordered a 1960's hardcopy.

--Tim

Originally posted by trames
The only one I remember was "The Outsiders" that I had to read in 7th or 8th grade.

Is that book the same as the film "The Outsiders"?

And what age is an American 8th grader? Tell me . . . please :confused:

Last time I asked, the Americans on this forum went all shy :

(Third Man Girl

8th grader would be 13-14. I think I answered that in whatever thread you asked it in, actually, but now I can't find it. :)

Thanks, Ashlea :)

I must have missed that when I was viewing new posts. I'll add the info to my 'research file' :D

[must try not to poke the eyes from my smiley's face as I did the last time]

Third Man Girl

Back