• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I need all the help I can with the WB agency (spam or true?)

Hi,
I recently sent a synopsis to the wb agency or literary agency. I'm so confused. Has anyone heard about them, like are they bad? Do they charge money?

I can't even get in touch with the agent guy... and they want me to send my manuscript.... I'm thinking about just sending a few chapters....

I'm just scared. I've looked them up and they seem fake, but then again, some things are positive....

Run, don't walk, to your favorite local, independent bookstore and buy--yes, actually pay for--the 2010 Guide to Literary Agents from Writers Digest Books. They vet the agents and do a reputable job of filtering out scams and so forth.

You really need to do this. Nothing personal, but based on this thread and some of your previous threads, you're in over your head. You need to get more professional about this. To sell a book, you actually have to buy a few. Good luck.

P.S. Since you won't be following my advice (though I posted it anyway in case someone else comes along and can use a reminder about a helpful book), I will tell you:

WB is the 800-pound gorilla of publishing scams.

Run, don't walk, to your favorite local, independent bookstore and buy--yes, actually pay for--the 2010 Guide to Literary Agents from Writers Digest Books. They vet the agents and do a reputable job of filtering out scams and so forth.

You really need to do this. Nothing personal, but based on this thread and some of your previous threads, you're in over your head. You need to get more professional about this. To sell a book, you actually have to buy a few. Good luck.

P.S. Since you won't be following my advice (though I posted it anyway in case someone else comes along and can use a reminder about a helpful book), I will tell you:

WB is the 800-pound gorilla of publishing scams.

Agreed...there are way too many opportunists looking for a quick buck. You have invested valuable time writing and editing this piece, it is in your best interest to make sure you do the research needed to make sure you are represented as well as maximize any potential profit you may receive.

Good luck!

woah, such negatively!!!! who said I wouldn't use ur advice???? I've been meaning to get a book similar to that one. So thank you for your kindness

thank you so much. that thread was just what i was looking for. I recently read a case hearing on robert fletcher. they're a bunch of jerks ripping ppl off for money. sigh....

I must start sending out queries yet again...

Back