• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I need to find a book from my childhood! Help!!

Paula

kickbox
Hello all! I am trying to trace a book from approx 1988 (i would have been 4, so its a preschool/ picture book).
The story is about a bear looking for mushrooms for his breakfast, walking in the woods he calls "mushrooms, mushrooms, where are you? I want you in my basket, i want you in my tummy!", but all he finds are blackberries. The fox (i think its a fox..) advises him that if he wants mushrooms, then he needs to call for blackberries (because the mushrooms hide when you call for them..). When he calls for blackberries, the mushrooms stop hiding and the bear picks a basketfull for breakfast.

Unfortunately i cannot remember the title, or the author! But i really want to find this book!! So anything anyone knows about it would be very helpful.
It possibly has still- life type pictures in it (not drawn illustrations), but im not 100% sure.

It was bought through a school book club (with books like Button Moon).

Any ideas??! :confused:

Many thanks :)

Back