• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I Told a Lie Today...

Catalyst

I feel bad...its not a lie that will hurt anyone. I just told a porky to get out of doing something. However my concious is getting to me...

Anyone else live with a lie and not been eaten away from the inside out :eek:

I lie all the time. Well, not so much lie as...embellish a few details here and there? It doesn't bother me, because I usually don't realise that I'm even doing it. How bad is that!

Usually these embellishments are to make a slightly uninteresting story more entertaining, so it's really for my public that I do it. I haven't told a serious lie for quite a while.

No, I do the same thing, Peronel. Like, something funny will happen, and when I tell the story to someone else, I pretend that I was at the center of it making all the jokes sometimes. I think everyone does that, and I start doing it before I can really think about it. I don't feel guilty about that, but I do feel guilty about lying about other things. So I'm usually honest otherwise. I hate feeling guilty.

I lie quite a bit to get out of working extra and covering up for not doing homework - just silly stuff like that. I also lie to people and tell them that they look good when they don't etc because I can't tell people that they look horrible.

No, I do the same thing, Peronel. Like, something funny will happen, and when I tell the story to someone else, I pretend that I was at the center of it making all the jokes sometimes.
I actually do the opposite. If I was the one that said something funny, then when I relate the story to others I say that it was another person who said it instead. I just think that it makes me sound a bit up myself if I go around telling people all this funny stuff I said. Modesty is big over here in NZ.

I lie quite a bit to get out of working extra and covering up for not doing homework - just silly stuff like that.

Exactly what I do. I'm terrible for forgetting my homework and I've become quite good at making small excuses quickly and promising it for the next day/lesson. :p

It's TOTALLY normal. Right? Gosh I hope so. I don't do it much but when I do it's pretty big. I hate it but what can I do now?

Feel bad about it??? Nope, not at all.

Though I mostly just lie about little things to make things sound more interesting.

Thing is i cannot lie about small things. I can really do quite well at the big lies. It becomes a good story in my head and i do well at delivering it.

But wee things...i go all red and shifty :)

We're writers; our lies are our stories, and our stories are our pass time. Anyhow, I only lie when appropriate, and I won't waste my time explaining what appropriate is. The whole "I lie to make my stories more interesting," thing is making me laugh, though. That's just lame to try and make yourself the center of attention. Or maybe I'm just an asshole. :confused:

Yeaaah...I know which way I'm voting :)

Ha ha ha ha!

EVERYONE lies for different reasons. Lies are wrong, that's what our parents told us, that's what society told us, and for some that's what the bible told us. EVERYONE does it. I'm totally rich and famous. See I lied again, it feels good.

I lie all the time. Small lies to make people happy, make them comfortable, make them smile, make them pee their pants from laughing too damn hard. They don't make me feel guilty.

The big lies don't either, but they make me afraid someone might find out...

Back