• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I Want That One (or Sixteen)!

Porthos

I just spent an hour in Borders & found 16 books that I want (in no particular order):

Blood Eagle - Craig Russell
Adept - Robert Finn
Night-time is My Time - Mary Higgins Clark
Paranoia - Joseph Finder
The Golden Door - Kerry Jamieson
The Search - Iris Johansen
Walking The Shadows - Donald James
The Reluctant Investigator - Frank Lean
Gone, Baby, Gone - Dennis Lehane
Dead Alone - Gay Longworth
Blind Run - Patricia Lewin
The Lonely Dead - Michael Marshall
The Bomber - Liza Marklund
If It Bleeds - Bernie Crosthwaite
Timeline - Michael Crichton (seen the movie & was impressed)
Fault Lines - Natasha Cooper

Anyone read any of these? Opinions? :)

Hehe, Andy.

I once read an Iris Johansen book (not The Search), but never read any of the others.

Porthos said:
The Bomber - Liza Marklund

I have heard of that book, haven't read it myself though since I'm not that into "crime&mystery" novels.
She's well-known in Scandinavia, for all I know. (Which isn't that big of a surprise considering she's from Sweden...)

Porthos said:
I just spent an hour in Borders & found 16 books that I want (in no particular order):
Anyone read any of these? Opinions? :)

I haven't read any of them. They don't seem like my type of books.

I do, however, have the exact same problem with that place. I go in there sometimes just for fun when I am out that way. I usually end up finding a zillion books I want, and buying a bunch of them. Then I go home and feel guilty for buying them from B&N instead of my local shop.

Porthos said:
Timeline - Michael Crichton (seen the movie & was impressed)
You were impressed by the movie?? Then the book will be nothing short of amazing ;) I really liked the book but thought the movie was awful (to put it mildly, though it is rare to find a movie that is equal to or better than the book).

Let us know what you think of it once you have read it :)

Thanks guys. :D

I purposely didn't buy them in Borders because they seem rather expensive & I'm a bit of a bargain hunter! :) That & the fact that carrying 16 books would be a mite heavy (lazy aren't I?)

I will definately read Timeline; I think I should qualify what I said about the movie - it was the concept I liked more than the acting. (How like Keanu Reeves is Paul Walker trying to be btw? :eek: )

Yes, I had 12 books arrive from Amazon this morning! The postman certainly got more than he bargained for at 7.20am that's for sure.... me answering the door after being pulled out of an alcohol induced sleep (of only 3 hrs) in my silky pj's :eek:

I wonder what my chances are of having an order delivered Monday if I place it now... ;)

Just ordered some books from Amazon. Had twice as many books in my shopping basket but had to remove soom otherwise it would have come to about £120!!. Instead this came to around £50 ish

"Killing the Shadows"
Val McDermid

"Crippen: A Novel of Murder"
John Boyne

"Night Fall"
Nelson DeMille

"Haunted"
James Herbert

"The Vanished Man"
Jeffery Deaver

"I, Lucifer"
Glen Duncan