• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

If I wanted to get lost forever...

A Song of Fire and Ice, the series by George R. R. Martin:
Game of Thrones
Storm of Swords
Clash of Kings
Feast for Crows

is almost like reading forever, but in a good way! Three (?!) more volumes yet to be written. One of the best fantasy series out there!

I would also thank direstraits for pointing me at the works of Guy Gavrel Kay, a wondrous weaver of tales with strong historical threads.

Hey now how bout Guardians of the Flame by J. Rosenberg? Great fantasy story with characters you can REALLY relate to and a good tale.

Oberon said:
I would also thank direstraits for pointing me at the works of Guy Gavrel Kay, a wondrous weaver of tales with strong historical threads.
Honoured, honoured, I am. And this coming from one of our most respected fantasy readers. :)

I'd recommend more, but nothing I've been reading (fantasy-wise) have been recommendation-worthy, I'm afraid.

ds

I would recommed the A Song of Ice and Fire books along with Oberon. They are truly amazing. You won't be able to put the book down and when you finish it, you'll be running to get the next book. These books have spoiled me. Now I can't read any other fantasy without comparing it to GRRM.

Be sure to read Titus Groan first.

AlphaOmegaX said:
Alrighty thanks. I actually found a used copy of Gormenghast today but was short on cash *snaps fingers*

~Josh

Gormenghast is the second in the trilogy.

BTW have a look on www.abebooks.com - loads of cheap second hand copies on there, just about any book you could want to find.

Back