• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I'm back

VTChEwbecca

kickbox
Hey guys, its great to be back after an extended absense. I took a break from the internet this summer and the first half of this semester, as I was moving and working a new job and starting grad school. I haven't had nearly as much time to read this semester as I would like (working parttime and going to school full-time will do that to a person), but I'm trying to hang in there and get a good for-fun book in as much as I can.

I did finally read Dune this summer, and quite enjoyed it. My husband I enjoyed chatting about it, as its one of the few books we've read in commong. I also finally read The Great Train Robbery by M. Crichton....its excellent. Not his typical sci-fi, but based upon The Great Train Robbery and testimony from the trials of the robbers. It was a fascinating read and I highly recommend it. I also got to read Dianna Wynne's Jones Derkholm series, and I definitely recommend it to those who love Harry Potter, or YA fantasy in general.

Yay, good to have you back, Chewie!!

Leave again and we'll have to tie you to a chair.

Cheers

ive only read crightons jurassic park - which i loved
train robbery sounds like it might be a good1. hes got a nice concise style would you agree?

oldboy said:
ive only read crightons jurassic park - which i loved
train robbery sounds like it might be a good1. hes got a nice concise style would you agree?

Absolutely, which makes The Great Train Robbery a pleasant, fast-paced, and intriguing read. I definitely highly recommend it.

Sure, now you come crawling back. I emailed you about a month ago and didn't get so much as a howdy do. :mad:

That's all I ask for. Just a howdy do. Is that too much to want out of life? :(

I'd even settle for a howdy at this point. What you do with your own do is up to you, and I'll respect your decission on the whole do handling process.

I guess it's a good thing you're back though. We've been waiting for a volunteer to clean Wabbit's hole. :eek:

Welcome home Chewie!

RaVeN

oldboy said:
is it all true?
He used testimony from the trials of the robbers, and pieced together what happened with that testimony. I'm sure he had to beef up a part here or there, but yes, it is true. That makes it even more fascinating.

RaVeN said:
Sure, now you come crawling back. I emailed you about a month ago and didn't get so much as a howdy do. :mad:

That's all I ask for. Just a howdy do. Is that too much to want out of life? :(

I'd even settle for a howdy at this point. What you do with your own do is up to you, and I'll respect your decission on the whole do handling process.
Raven, sorry, I haven't checked that account in a month or two. I already have three others to worry with and I tend to forget that one. I wasn't ignoring you intentionally!! I'll definitely go check that email soon.

And I distinctly remember that its not my turn to clean out the hole. ;)

mr_michel said:
finally! i was starting to get worried about your absence nice to have you back

HIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, chewbecca, I missed you!! *teary eyes* :p

Seriously, missed you. and hope everything is fine with you. and don't leave that long again. otherwise, i will be one of those who will tie you on the chair.

PS: u have long hair? i watched on the tv that those silly school boys would tie the girl's hair on chairs.

WElcome back! :D

watercrystal said:
PS: u have long hair? i watched on the tv that those silly school boys would tie the girl's hair on chairs.

Not long enough :eek: Thanks for the welcome & I promise not to leave for long periods :)

Thanks for the welcome back, Kaz. :)

Hi and WB Chewwy.

I couldn't finish Dune myself.
I've yet to try again- glad you enjoyed it though.
I've made a comeback here myself.
Just last week.

I don't know why I disappeared, just go through phases I guess....

Back