• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I'm blocked!

Bountyhunter

That's why I haven't been here in so long. I have a kind of... reader's block :( . I need something to inspire me. After, I read the Relic by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. I kept reading and reading and reading. I was a read-aholic. But now, I haven't read anything in a while. Anyone got any suggestions on what I should read? Something that'll help me recover from this...terrible... terrible... reader's block.

i am very sympathetic. the last thing i tried was life of pi, didn't work out so i have put it on hold, but haven't picked anything else up. i think i need to just take a plunge and go buy something, quit hesitating. or i may hit the library, borrow like 10 things and keep trying till something grabs me.
do you think reading can be like excersising and sometimes you just get out of the habit of doing it?

Maybe something "light", where you don't need to think too much, and where it doesn't seem like a chore? John Grisham, Stephen King, or Matt Reilly, for instance?

Yeah, I'm about to start Still Life With Crows by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. I hear it was really good so I'm hoping it will help me some. Any other suggestions?

Read

"Of Mice and Men" by Steinbeck
"The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini
"Betrayal" by Harold Pinter
"No One Writes to the Colonel" by Marquez

I'll let you know if I come of more... :)

I'm having reader's block. The last book I read was Summer Sisters by Judy Blume and before that I read Falling Angels by Tracy Chevalier. I have tons of books that I haven't read, but I can't seem to get interested in one. Any suggestions on what to do?

Back