• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I'm excited about this book

Dogmatix

Guys I just wanted to share this. My favorite book is Richard Adam's Watership Down. The first time I read it I was in the fourth grade. I've probably read it 20 times or so since then. Well I just bought a Morrocan leather bound, gold leafed copy, 1/30 signed by Richard Adams with original watercolors signed by the artist. I've never bought a "collector's" type book before but I'm just so excited about it and I wanted to share.

The artist is John Lawrence and they are lovely. When I got the book I was afraid to even open it. It's definitely the most expensive book I'll ever buy, but, to me at least, worth it. I have a few other copies of this book but they're just various editions, nothing super special like this one.

oh yes! signed and all.. it must be a lovely book... congrats! :)

i felt like this when i received a first edition of Tolkein's Letters, it's not as fancy as your book sounds, but the feeling i have for it would be similar..

zen said:
i felt like this when i received a first edition of Tolkein's Letters, it's not as fancy as your book sounds, but the feeling i have for it would be similar..

What a nice book to have! Good for you. I bet you treasure it. I have another first edition of his that is signed The Girl in the Swing. Not fancy but cherished none-the-less.

Back