• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I'm writing a novel currently!

Hello.

Please feel free to follow the links in my signature to read the first three chapters of my latest novel. You can review and discuss it also here if you wish. It's not yet completed. I've put the first three chapters on the web and I've currently completed six chapters.

So if you have any ideas also you can post them here or at my site.

Thanks.

Sorry Hari, didn't quite get into your story. Perhaps you could work on the beginning, something to draw one, something sharp and snapping? It reads like a history book. The first paragraph has a lot of interesting material, but I don't really want to read more - you need to make me. Say you had a tale about a naming ceremony, and began:

"Tap! tap! jig! they rolled their hips, banana beer melting into dance. Even mosquitos danced, mellowed with drunken blood; swooning to bristled ground, trembling their feet, as fireflies flickered orange wings and played with a faint-hearted wind."

Your writing has nothing to do with banana beer or dying insects, but my point is that you can write about red beans, and make someone read. You can write about aliens or Nagasaki, and no one gives you the time of day; it's down to how you say it.

Well, my story builds up gradually. That's why it's a novel and not a short story ;)

Have you read chapters 2 and 3? If not, I suggest you do so.

Yes. It's a totally different kind of story from what you would expect. Chapter 1 is more like a prologue. I think you'll be surprised when you continue reading. I think my style becomes pacier and faster as I go on. The first chapter is meant to be a kind of "background info" style intro so you won't see a fictional style there.

Back