• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

[img] code is OFF??

sacred2nite

Could you please enable

I've noticed that a lot of the people that use images in their signature, use rather large ones. I've also noticed that large images are not always appreciated on TBF. Now, I realise that there's an option to switch off the signatures when viewing the threads, but that seems a bit drastic, so I was wondering if it would be possible to implement a rule or something, saying a signature image can't be bigger than a certain size? I'm nitpicking, I know, but my scrolling finger is dying on me. ;)

I've noticed that all images in signatures are annoying.

This one, for example, where sacred2nite is saying this is where I live. Who really cares? I've managed to say where I live in the box provided called Location.

I've personally rather liked picture signatures (and think sacred's pic is lovely). I've been on several boards where there's a rule on sig size and it works. People abide by it. And yes, I've seen some rather large ones floating around here, so a limit might not be a bad idea. I'm not on dialup, so it doesn't really bother me much, but I know it could affect others.

I have to agree with Stewart. After you've seen the image 200+ times it gets kind of annoying. Why not limit the image to the size of the avatar if it's something people feel they must have?

On the other hand if the signature image is so important why doesn't the user in question make "that" their avatar.

Has this been discussed already and if so, what was the outcome? I know the moderating team is pretty busy right now, but I was wondering...

No. It hasn't been discussed recently. With all that's been going on recently it slipped my mind completely.

The options:-
Turn off image code in sigs.
All image code as it is now.
Limit image sizes (I'll need to check if this is possible with vBulletin).

I'm open to futher suggestions of course :)

Just like to repeat this for consideration:

"if the signature image is so important why doesn't the user in question make "that" their avatar?"

(do I need to quote my own statement....?)

Darren Lewis said:
The options:-
1) Turn off image code in sigs.
2) All image code as it is now.
3) Limit image sizes (I'll need to check if this is possible with vBulletin).
I'd go for option number one, especially since I don't know if option number three would be feasable.

Option 3 would be good, but its not easy to implement effectively (as far as I can tell).

I've turned off images in signatures.

As far as I can see, there isn't a way to limit the image size.

Darren.

"I've turned off images in signatures."

silently waiting for the backlash from people with images in their sigs....waiting....waiting...where are they....waiting....

Back