• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

In dire need of recommandations

Marc___

I am desperate to find a good book that will provisionally lead me evade the harshness of reality. Since this request may seem a little vague, i must specify that i seek for something that revolves around the themes of escapism, optimism, hope for a better future, travelling and the likes. I would very much prefer a book that isn't a toil to read given that i feel rather apathetic right now and that it is pretty much all i have red recently, not to mention that english is not my first language.

Anything that departs from mainstream reading is welcome.

Pool and Its Effects On Asian Communism is a book I have read many times and which always makes me feel happier and optimistic. it was written by Colin Cotterill.

I am desperate to find a good book that will provisionally lead me evade the harshness of reality. Since this request may seem a little vague, i must specify that i seek for something that revolves around the themes of escapism, optimism, hope for a better future, travelling and the likes. I would very much prefer a book that isn't a toil to read given that i feel rather apathetic right now and that it is pretty much all i have red recently, not to mention that english is not my first language.

Anything that departs from mainstream reading is welcome.

Try Chronicles of Amber by Roger Zhelazny. This is a science fiction series of books that talk about alternative worlds and a main world of Amber, where king has disappeared and his offspring's began a quest for power. This book features great deal of adventure, very good and colorful descriptions of events and places, great descriptions and examples of peoples characters, a lot of Psychology. Overall this book takes you away from ordinary and actually does give you food for thought. To be honest after reading it, I have changed the way I look at a lot of things and some problems solved by themselves. I would strongly recommend this book if you are looking to have good time reading and fuel up yourself with positive thinking. Beware that first ten pages are boring but then........ sleepless nights of I can not stop. LOL

Good luck

Back