• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

In need of suggestions...

pagecollector

Hello people, I'm searching for a couple of books that thoroughly and accurately provide info on a few connected subjects. Since there are thousands of different books that cover similar topics I ask the advice of readers who know the best works of these kinds.

Summarized:

- An objective work on the entire history of Humankind dating from the first civilizations to the 20th century. Accumulating detailed information on the development of races, cultures and politics of the mentioned times.
- A work that best informs on the development if the human races and the factors that influenced that process.
- A work that best informs on the development of politics and the various political systems.
- A work that best informs on the topic of natural selection, genetic engineering and eugenics as a whole (other than Darwin's work).
- A work that gives the best insight into European cultures, especially the ones of northern Europe (possibly by a native author).

I know there are a lot of authors out there covering these subjects, but I hope there are experienced readers on these boards that know the best, Thanks! :) :)

I don't think it is possible to get so much information in one book. If you want separate books, try searching the keywords on amazon.com

That's a tall order but a really good place to start would be Guns, Germs, and Steel by Jared Diamond.

Back