• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Inspiration

K-Dawn

Who has inspired you to write? Did you read any books so good that they made you want to write? Do your parents or anyone you know write? Or have you just always enjoyed writing?

For me I'd have to say it was reading books. I read some books by David Eddings and Terry Brooks to get me started. After reading Eragon, it has inspired me to work harder, because I was kind of slacking before. ;)

I get inspiration from everywhere - books, TV, people, random ideas buzzing through my head. I'm hopeless at sorting and chosing what to go with, so I've got heaps and heaps of unfinished stories and very few complete works... :( I just really like some of my ideas - some - and want to work on them but new stuff's always coming up.

I was inspired to write songs by Ian Hunter, David Bowie, Bryan Ferry, Marc Bolan, Patti Smith, Lou Reed, Leonard Cohen and thousands of others. Since I was about twelve I've written songs as a way of dealing with emotions. Therapeutic and cathartic.

Many things have and do inspire me. However, it was a tragedy that inspired me to actually get my hobby transformed into a profession. A very special lady dying of cancer provoked the inspiration within to cherish her memory enough that I wrote my debut novel, "Unforgettable" to assure that her memory would never die from this world. Nothing, good or bad, as ever inspired me more.

Well Id have to say it was those spy novels of frederick forsyth and robert ludlum that got me into writing. But the person most influential in my writing style is probably wilbur smith, who's poetic scenes of action and swashbuckling keep coming up in my stories.

Michigan said:
I get inspiration from everywhere - books, TV, people, random ideas buzzing through my head. I'm hopeless at sorting and chosing what to go with, so I've got heaps and heaps of unfinished stories and very few complete works... :( I just really like some of my ideas - some - and want to work on them but new stuff's always coming up.

Hi, Michigan,

I have bumped into the very similar situation like yours. So, just wondered how you dealt with it? or any suggestions from other writers/authors? :confused:

Just go on practising?-----Is that one of the suggestions?? Thousands of thanks in advance for any clue (response)!

Good day,

Back