• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Interactive fiction awards

Wabbit

Time for some news pinched from Slashdot - news for nerds and stuff that matters! Well, actually more like news for nerds, windows bashing, star trek arguments and an unhealthy Beowulf cluster obsession.

ANYWAY, I digress :-D

I was not sure what part of the forum to put this in. It is interactive fiction so here it is in general book discussion. I have read a lot of the new "games" are moving over to less and less puzzles and more and more plot and story orientated.

Anyway, here is the news.

An anonymous submitter writes "For the last ten years, the readers of the Usenet newsgroup rec.arts.int-fiction have held a yearly interactive fiction competition. For fans of the old Infocom games as well as for newcomers to the genre, the competition is a chance to enjoy some of the best short adventure games available anywhere. And now, this year's entries are finally available for public testing. Visit http://ifcomp.org/ to download the games and interpreters for all of your favorite platforms. For the next six weeks, judges will play, score, and review." The website explains Windows and Mac installation pretty well; you'lll have to figure it out on your own for Linux but there is plenty of help available (i.e., "apt-cache search infocom" for Debian).

Back