• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Bill_Dobbs

Hello to everyone on Book & Reader!

I would like to introduce my book 'I Have a Question' to this forum. I'm the author of the book, which is my first one aimed at the general public. I come from London, GB and own a private school in Switzerland. I teach English as a foreign language and have previously written coursebooks commissioned by companies and organisations.

The book cover of 'I Have a Question' describes it as as being the memoirs, ramblings, forays into explanations of the quirks of English grammar and vocabulary, as well as the pseudo-philosophical insights of a teacher of English as a foreign language, who in the course of his teaching has heard the utterance ‘I have a question’ so many zillion times that he too began posing questions to which till now no answers have been found. With a bit of etymology thrown in. And one or two hundred sidetracks.

The book is intended to be informative, educational and humorous. It should appeal in particular to readers interested in the history of the English language, its etymology, its seemingly illogical rules system and its use and misuse the world over.

My website providing more information about the book is www.ihaveaquestion.world.

Amazon_BookCover_outline_FP.jpg The book is available at Amazon and also currently in Swiss and British bookshops, as well as in Kindle format.

Thank you,

Bill Dobbs

Back