• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Invitation to a Feast

dominicgaj

Hi, I'm posting here an extract from my first soon-to-be-published book, "Invitation to a Feast". It is an adventure gamebook (similar to Choose Your Own Adventure/Fighting Fantasy for those familiar with the genre). It is targeting the tween age range (8-12 y.o). The characters are all anthropomorphic (talking animals) with one human character. Feel free to make any comments about the book that you wish. If you want to know more about it you can visit my blogsite.

P.S. The characters in the blow extract are all rabbits.

Thanks
Jasan

Page 9
=====

Eventually, the morning of the feast arrived. Jumpster’s family gathered outside to farewell him from Hopper’s burrow. Mr Hopper was beaming with pride for Jumpster. Mrs Hopper, while also proud, softly shed a few tears, as she knew there would be dangers along the way for her son. Jumpster and his family exchanged many hugs and kisses.
Mrs Hopper had packed Jumpster’s rucksack with some fresh carrots from her garden for him to eat on his journey.
Record the carrots under the list of equipment on Jumpster’s character scroll.
Jumpster had tied his invitation to his belt firmly. He did not dare risk losing it.
“Be sure to stay away from any wolves or foxes Jumpster!” advised his parents.
“I will Mum and Dad!” promised Jumpster. He waved goodbye and set off south towards the Cobblestone Road.

Turn to page 10.

Back