• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

IQ test

nick_m100

I found an awesome IQ test and wanted you guys to take it.
http://www.iqtest.dk/main.swf

My IQ is 108 and I'm 15 so apparently my IQ is higher than about 70% of the population, on average, of America.

I want you to answer honestly and I don't want bragging or fun poking.

You can also try this from Canada's CBC: IQ Test the Nation.

I think IQ tests are fun, and usually my scores on different tests fall within the same range, so they are fairly accurate. Accurate of what? My IQ-test-taking-ability at the very least.

As far as I know IQ can be trained with such tests (so I don't think that they are very characterizing).
I've made a few and had always between 140 and 145 but believe me: I'm not a genius - sometimes (or often?) I can be very stupid. ;)

Greetings

Last time I took an IQ test, I was in fourth grade. It was 126. I think that's better than 95% of average Americans or something. I don't know what it would be if I took a test now. Maybe I should take one and find out.

I took another test

Apparently I am bad with patterns because the test I posted earlier gave me a 108 and then I took another test (text) and was given a 127. Which I have averaged on 2 other tests.

Wow, what does it say about me that I got bored halfway through and just randomly guessed without actually looking at the question?

I got 110 though so obviously I'm just a lucky guess!! :D

IQ tests say nothing.

Everyone is smart is some other way than everyone else on the planet. Some artistic, others literary, some scientific. IQ tests only test on a small amount of this, and are not very reliable. Same with standardized tests in schools. Not very effective for those who can't take tests well or, as the person above me, get bored and just guess. ACT SAT...so on and so forth. I don't understand why our college future here in the United States depend so heavily on these tests that will avail us nothing in the long run.

And I am not complaining because I do poorly on these tests. I am actually one who can sit down and take one of these tests and do very well. I just don't think they are too fair to everyone.

Back to IQ tests. I've taken nearly a dozen IQ tests, just to see. I've ranged anywhere from 85 to 166, and I've never had the same results...even in a close proximity.

THEY'RE NOT RELIABLE.

Vesper, I'm not sure which IQ tests you have taken, but most professional tests have been shown to be extremely reliable (validity i another matter).

Please, please, please, pleae, please everyone put no stock whatsoever in the results that an online IQ test spits out (I aume you're all savvy enough to know this anyway). Often, even when sites claim to have an official version of some IQ test, they feature variou items ripped from the test and presented out of context.

To obtain a valid measure of one's IQ, you need to administer a test that has been validated for your individual's population group (by nationality, ethnicity, age, gender etc), and you need to be qualified to administer that test.

I do agree that IQ tests are largely useless. They can still be used to identify individuals with inhibited functioning in certain cognitive abilities, but they are still at times used for screening purposes in job interviews (which is wrong) and are associated with a person's 'cleverness' instead of being recognised as a specific measure of a series of cognitive abilities.

I'm just saying that I think that IQ tests do not cover all the should be requirements to determine a person's level of thinking. And even the professional ones I've had were not reliable, unless I suddenly became stupid over a month (my test score dropped 23 points). So I just don't rely on them anymore. I prefer an evaluation of ALL abilities. Myself, I am artistically challenged, so I am bad in that area, but I am a literary nerd. :D Some of my friends are artists in the making but couldn't understand Shakespeare with cliffnotes. So, it's just a matter of how you've been set up throughout life. Those friends probably would not score near as high as I would on one of those IQ tests, but that doesn't mean they are stupider. They are better in a different area. That is the point I am trying to make...I think I did a better job this time.

Back