• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Is 'Barry Trotter' actually funny?

Ellie82

Has anyone read the spoof books Barry Trotter or Bored of the Rings? Was thinking of buying one because they're small books, will fit in my bag and sometimes I could do with a laugh on the way to work! But are they actually funny or just a bit silly? Have anyone read them?

Skim read them both but they're not really my thing - I didn't like either of them.

JMO :)

Thanks!

Thanks for that Erica, you've just saved me £5.99! - that critic seems to think it's just an excuse for toilet humour, which generally I don't find very funny. Don't think it's worth buying somehow!

I actually battled through the first one ... it was an exercise in excrement. I mean, it was really, really bad!! Not enjoyable, unless you are around the age of 12-15, when I'd imagine its hilarious :rolleyes:

Phil

I read 'Bored of the rings' a little while ago and didn't finish it, don't bother story was rubbish and not funny should have been called 'Bored of the book'

Cabrasopa :cool:

This is mildly off topic, but I actually know a Barry Trotter. He's wrote me a fan mail. I noticed his very peculiar email address, and since he signed off as Barry Trotter, I replied him asking if he knew of this particular book called Barry Trotter. He didn't explode or anything, but politely told me yes he was, he's a doctor from Down Under. He said his clinic is next to a bookshop, and the days when Barry Trotter was launched was very tough on him.

ds

hello there
I have read the parodies with little interest. so thanks for putting my age range down. Some of us are trying to read

* mutters * children these days

Well I just borrowed Bored Of The Rings and The Soddit off a friend (who hadn't read them yet) so now my expectations are low... but maybe since I'm still 15 I'll find them funny... if i read them before my brithday next month that is : :p

I tried reading the first Barry Trotter book and I have to say it is one of the worst books I have ever read. Not funny in the slightest and just a plain cash in on the phenomenon that is JK Rowling.

Back