• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Is there a problem with the VIEW count?

Gita V.Reddy

After the recent software promotions, I think there may be a problem with the number of views getting registered.

I noticed it in the thread 'Challenge: What's in a photo.'

I'd posted a story, 'The Red Tent' three days ago. The view count for the thread was 215. (Yeah, I check the view count after I post a story; the reason I post one is for people read it).

The count remains at 215 even though Meadow posted a story yesterday and I posted another a few minutes ago.

Even if no one is reading the stuff we are putting up ( sob! sob!), our visits to the site should have been recorded. Or doesn't it work that way?

The view counts are not updated in real time but are instead updated every x hours. This is because updating the view count in real time is a very intensive process.

The view counts are not updated in real time but are instead updated every x hours. This is because updating the view count in real time is a very intensive process.

And x is a variable, right?:)

It's ok. I pointed out what I perceived as an error only because I like the site. I thought such an error would translate into incorrect statistics for the site as a whole.

And x is a variable, right?:)

It's ok. I pointed out what I perceived as an error only because I like the site. I thought such an error would translate into incorrect statistics for the site as a whole.

Yes, I can't remember the exact length of time in between updates. No problem, report away. Better than not reporting something and there actually being an issue. :)

Back