• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ismail Kadare

I just finished reading Broken April by Ismail Kadare and quite enjoyed this book. And then I came to the ending, and I read the last page over and over and I'm still perplexed. So as not to spoil it for anyone else yet to read this book, I won't discuss the ending further but I'd sure like for someone who has read it to email me privately as to her/his interpretation of the ending.

Thanks,
Nancy Edwards
nsedwards@bellsouth.net

Sounds great. Both Broken April and The Palace of Broken Dreams sounds very good. I really liked the titles too, they have a sad poetry to them.

I will add the author to my "must read them" list :)

Yes - I do intend to read him further. I see where there will be a discussion of Broken April in Cleveland in Nov. - just stumbled across this on the Web so am not certain, but perhaps it's at Case Western. Anyway - wish I were in that area and I'd attend. I'll follow your suggestion and check out The Palace of Broken Dreams and/or Pyramid.
Thanks. - Nancy

Back