• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's...a new girl!

Hollis

Hi! I'm Hollis. I just found the site and I think it looks wonderful! I'm an avid reader - doesn't matter what genre. I'll read anything. I think my 2 favorite books of all time are A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens and The Eight by Katherine Neville. My favorite authors include Victor Hugo, Melanie Rawn (hence my username), Iris Johansen, and Clive Cussler. All quite different from each other!

I just finished Fellowship of the Ring and really enjoyed it. I never really got into The Hobbit, so I wasn't sure if I was going to like it, but everyone kept telling me "If you're going to say you enjoy reading fantasy, you HAVE to read Tolkien" so I tried and it was great. I look forward to reading the next in the series.

Other than that, I'm an audiologist (hearing aids, hearing tests, etc) and a writer in my spare time. I participated in Nanowrimo (National Novel Writing Month) this past year and wrote 50,000 words in 18 days. I think my heart lies in writing children's stories, though.

Anyhow, enough about me! I hope to get to know ya'll.

Glad to meet another literate soul from God's country. (Great topic line on your intro, BTW.) Kick your boots off, get a glass of sweet tea, and make yourself at home. Help yourself to the threads--post early and often. The SF section is growing and the reviews library is a great place for suggestions. See ya around!

Hi I'm Mehdi, I'm Persian and I live in New York City at Crown Heights of Brooklyn. I'm a Charles Dickens reader too. I read The Adventures of Oliver Twist twice in Azerbaijanian language when I used to live in Naxchivan, Azerbaijan. Eventhough I don't cry frequently, I reached to my feelings after I had read it and now I'm an easy-to-cry one. At the time I was reading the novel, I couldn't make my tears stop and then I learned to pray to Allah for what I own.

Back