• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

It's hot here - how 'bout there?

Motokid

We've had an unusually hot early June, after an unusually cool May here in Delaware-USA. (That's Mid-Atlantic region - about an 1.5 hours driving time north of Washington D.C., and 2.5 hours south of New York City)

Temps in the low 90's for about the last 10 days straight and rediculous humidity. For you non-American's that's in the 32 - 33 degree range.

What's the temperature where you live right now? Hard to believe not too long ago we were looking at jenn's pictures of her snow covered house....

I'm not complaining mind you. I'll take the 90's over the 20's any freakin' day of the week.

94% humidity this morning, and only 16 degrees. Bluk. That much water in the air is a recipe for a bad hair day *looks in mirror and nods to self*.

It is not too hot here right now. About +20C in the night and +26 - 28C in daytime. Sometimes it rains lightly. My lawns and trees like that immensely. (I didn't even have to switch on my automatic watering system this year for more than just couple of days). So do I - at the moment I drink our variety of light beer with a person I employ to help me with everything on my dacha. So far we are into our second glasses...
+32! Oh, my! It must be hard on you, buddy! To drink all that beer one needs to preserve the body natural water content...

Motokid said:
I'm not complaining mind you. I'll take the 90's over the 20's any freakin' day of the week.
Amen to that (although those numbers mean next to nothing to me :eek: ). I've had my fill of snow. My friends back in Oz are praying for snow at the moment for their winter skiing holidays. I'm more than happy to swelter in whatever heat comes my way right at the moment. After 7 freaking months of freezing winter-jacket conditions give me HEAT!! But if I could just send back the humidity...

Fahrenheit to Celsius:
0.0 = -17.8
5.0 = -15.0
10.0 = -12.2
15.0 = -9.4
20.0 = -6.7
25.0 = -3.9
32.0 = 0.0
35.0 = 1.7
40.0 = 4.4
45.0 = 7.2
50.0 = 10.0
55.0 = 12.8
60.0 = 15.6
65.0 = 18.3
70.0 = 21.1
75.0 = 23.9
80.0 = 26.7
85.0 = 29.4
90.0 = 32.2
95.0 = 35.0
100.0 = 37.8

edit: that should help......

it's damn hot here too...well, not hot so much as humid, muggy....the air is thick. :eek:
although, i shouldn't complain either, it was an awful spring ( i am on cape cod, ma) and it was just cold and did nothing but rain. so i will take the heat over cold rain.

Cheers Moto! (Crazy yanks ;) ) So when the temperature is in the 20s it's really not that cold, is it? i always thought that would be around -20 or less...

20's for me would be anything from 0 Celsius to -6.7 Celsius

Not outrageuously cold compared to where jenn is, but I hate it, and would rather have what we got now.

We do have cold snaps that get us down in the -17 C to -12 C range every winter for a few days here and there.

It's about 90F (32.2C) here right now, but the weather channel says it feels like 101 (38.3). It's been hotter a lot of the past week though. Although Ricky and I live in the same state we are at opposite ends (her end being better) and it's like living in another country. I grew up near the cape and the weather at my mom's house is always 10 degrees cooler in the summer and 10 warmer in the winter. We don't have the advantage of an ocean to moderate us, but we still have the humidity that the cape gets.

As much as this totally sucks, I'd take it over the -5 to -15 that we average in the dead of winter.

It's warm but windy and cloudy so the temp feels like it's bouncing around all over. It rained this morning, drizzled this afternoon. It was mostly cloudy, then it was sunny, now it's partly cloudy.

It's warm enough for shorts but cool enough for jeans. If you can make sense of that then you are better off than I am.

It's in the 90s (fahrenheit) around here the whole year round, so there's nothing to do but stay indoors if you can before you can turn crispy.

ds

Its about 80 to 90 degree here and i can cut the air with my fingers.. but do you mind?.. i love it!! :D normally i just get 70. too cold, but how can you f***ing live with this darn airconditioning? we have 90 degree and i'm freezing that my ass might fall off every minute!

It's winter in Oz right Geenh?

Is that 4 - 14C your regular winter weather, or have you not hit the coldest part yet?

Motokid - it's usually a bit colder. I haven't broken out the serious Katmandu gear as of yet. It doesn't get as cold as East Coast USA but it does get REALLY windy! It's going to be 14C tomorrow and apparently, 17C for Thursday and Friday! YAY! That's downright boiling!

It IS winter here now. It should be averaging about 12C a day and about 4C overnight. It depends on where you live too. Darwin is #0-33C all year round!

At 5:00am this morning weather.com stated the temperature in my zip code was 75 F which is around 24 C.

The HUMIDITY is 86% !!!!!!!!

My house is 90% red brick....can you say pizza oven?????

When the daytime temps are in the low 90's F and the nights never drop below 75 F if we did not have A/C my world would revolve a bit differently.

I keep the inside temp at 78 F which a lot of people think is not cool enough, but when you remove most of the humidity, and drop the temp 10 - 12 degrees F it does feel a lot better than outside.

Motokid said:
At 5:00am this morning weather.com stated the temperature in my zip code was 75 F which is around 24 C.

The HUMIDITY is 86% !!!!!!!!

My house is 90% red brick....can you say pizza oven?????

When the daytime temps are in the low 90's F and the nights never drop below 75 F if we did not have A/C my world would revolve a bit differently.

I keep the inside temp at 78 F which a lot of people think is not cool enough, but when you remove most of the humidity, and drop the temp 10 - 12 degrees F it does feel a lot better than outside.

Moto, even though we are in different regions, we have similar summer weather, but I think my humidity is a little higher and I have a longer summer and no real winter. I keep my a/c at the same temp you do. I'm one of those unfortunate people that sweat just thinking about being hot, so if I didn't have a/c, I'd be a dripping mess from May to October.

Something else too. I live in a ranch house. All one floor. So all the windows are no more then 3 to 5 feet off the ground. About a meter or meter-and-a-half for you metric people. I don't trust humans enough to leave the windows open all night long. At best they are locked open at around 2 inches. I don't want anybody trying to break into my house through my duaghters bedrooms, and I refuse to put bars on my windows and live in a prison. So the A/C might get a bit more work than some of you people who live in the country and have a better feel for overall safety. Although, one might argue it's a false sence of security.

Back