• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ive looked at the FAQ's but...

francesca

I can't seem to find a way to quote just part of a post. Sometimes I just want to pick out a phrase but I don't seem to be able to get the hang of it, Sorry to be such an internet incompetent, but can someone help me? I didnt want to hijack an existing thread and butt in with this...
Thanks, F

There must be another way to do it, but I haven't found out yet. I just quote the whole posting and then delete most of it to leave the words I want to quote.

Ok - it's fairly easy, all you do is put the [ QUOTE ] [ / QUOTE ] around the part of the text you want to quote. Using your text above as an example:

[ QUOTE = francesca ]I can't seem to find a way to quote just part of a post. Sometimes I just want to pick out a phrase but I don't seem to be able to get the hang of it, Sorry to be such an internet incompetent, but can someone help me? I didnt want to hijack an existing thread and butt in with this...
Thanks, F[ / QUOTE ]

Gives:

francesca said:
I can't seem to find a way to quote just part of a post. Sometimes I just want to pick out a phrase but I don't seem to be able to get the hang of it, Sorry to be such an internet incompetent, but can someone help me? I didnt want to hijack an existing thread and butt in with this...
Thanks, F

If you only wanted part of the paragraph, simply edit what is in between the [ QUOTE ] [ / QUOTE ].

Ie:

[ QUOTE ] I didnt want to hijack an existing thread and butt in with this...
[ / QUOTE ]

Gives:

I didnt want to hijack an existing thread and butt in with this...

You may also have noticed that the second time I didn't put a username in.

All you do to quote individual users (as oppose to just using QUOTE) you simply add their name in after you type QUOTE:

Ie:

[ QUOTE = francesca ] as oppose to [ QUOTE ]

HTH :)

It's not a lame question, Francesca (I love your name, btw). I've asked my fair share of dumb questions, so don't worry!

Good luck!

Back