• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

J.K. Rowling: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

AnnaRenae86 said:
I think I like Order of the Phoenix best.. I dont know why. I guess I just got a lot more into it.

I didn't really think that OTP was as good as the rest (excluding the first one.. that is my least favourite but probably because I read in the order 3, 2, 4, 1, 5 :eek: ). Harry just really annoyed me in this one, as he was continually whining and moaning about something. It just got on my nerves after awhile. I really did like the character of Umbridge in this - she is one of my favourite characters out of the series just because of the strong reaction that she invokes in all the readers that I have spoken to about this book. I still can't wait to read the next one though.

MonkeyCatcher said:
I didn't really think that OTP was as good as the rest (excluding the first one.. that is my least favourite but probably because I read in the order 3, 2, 4, 1, 5 :eek: ). Harry just really annoyed me in this one, as he was continually whining and moaning about something. It just got on my nerves after awhile. I really did like the character of Umbridge in this - she is one of my favourite characters out of the series just because of the strong reaction that she invokes in all the readers that I have spoken to about this book. I still can't wait to read the next one though.

I actually like the fact that JK wrote Harry that way in that book because it was more realistic. His attitude is actually very good when you consider that adolenscence is difficult enough without the load he has had to shoulder.

I couldn't agree with you more about Umbridge. It should be interesting to see if JK wrties her in one book 6 or 7.

i liked GOF better than the OOTP. i agree that harry was just too annoying at times in the 5th book. ooo and i know this is a HP thread but i just noticed...."The Other Boleyn Girl" is a really great book MonkeyCatcher!

IceBlueIce said:
i liked GOF better than the OOTP. i agree that harry was just too annoying at times in the 5th book...
I second that, IceBlueIce. For some reason, Harry suddenly manifested from this normal teenager in book 4, to this short-tempered individual in the following novel. Why this sudden change? Did a major event in the fourth novel cause this shift in attitude, or is it just puberty?

Robert said:
I actually like the fact that JK wrote Harry that way in that book because it was more realistic. His attitude is actually very good when you consider that adolenscence is difficult enough without the load he has had to shoulder.
Realistic for a "normal" teenager, yes, but in books containing a variety of fire-breathing dragons and lakes containing giant squid, I don't really think that keeping everything realistic is a necessity ;)

MonkeyCactcher

MonkeyCatcher said:
Realistic for a "normal" teenager, yes, but in books containing a variety of fire-breathing dragons and lakes containing giant squid, I don't really think that keeping everything realistic is a necessity ;)

MonkeyCactcher

LOL. I know you mean, MonkeyCatcher.

Really, I was thinking more along the line that magic aside, they are normal kids with normal growing pains.

Robert said:
Really, I was thinking more along the line that magic aside, they are normal kids with normal growing pains.
Yeah, I understood and did agree to a certain extent - Harry just /really/ annoyed me. It was just like, you're a freakin' wizard who can do magic at the flick of a wand and the hero of nearly every non-muggle in the world - stop whinging :rolleyes: '

;) :D

While not my favorite Harry Potter novel, GOF is a damn good book. I would say it's the most epic tale in the Harry Potter series, what with it being the second longest and most action packed. Can't say I have a favorite part, but the Quidditch World Cup was great. The end was equally awesome.

OOOOOOOOooooooooooooo Sorry mates, Order of the Phoenix is tops in my list... I loved how JK was able to make you feel so much hatered for Umbridge and the frustration that Harry had... I thought that it may not be the cheerest book done but it was needed in the series and alot was explained and it was nice to see Harry get a frustrated....since the position he is in is not the greatest and this ampleifies the message that Harry is in one huge fight for his life...

I love harry potter because it is magical and the goblet of fire is the best book and the ffilm is amazing.:D

Back