• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Jacqueline Wilson

Sophicoast

My daughter seems to have read about every Jacqueline Wilson book there is going. I had a quick flick through one, that looked like hard core romance at an early age, and I've heard that Tracy Beaker is a bad influence. I don't have time to read any further than that - I assume with so many books published, this author is reputable, but would be very glad to hear from parents who know whether this is true and have any further comments.

Why don't you read them yourself? Don't read them looking for trouble, just sit down and read them for pleasure. I love them - and I'm too old to have a teenage daughter.:)

Your own judgment must be the best.:cool:

Thanks for your response, I guess that's thumbs up from one person!!! I wish I had the time to read them - not a chance....which is why I think this forum is so brilliantly useful.

i loved jacqueline wilsons books and tracy beaker! they have made a childrens show for it now, so it cant be that bad! Just a cheeky girl who wanted to be loved and was stuck in a dull care home! ;) xx

My daughter is 8 (going on 9) and she reads lots of JW's books. Mind you, her reading age is about 14 (her school's statement, not mine). I have no problem with her reading them though.

I read Jacqueline Wilson books when I was younger and never thought there was anything wrong with them. Lots of good stories which kids enjoy. But if you are worried about the content give one or two a read yourself, sure you will enjoy it!

I love Jacqueline Wilson! Her range of books are so good for girls in different ages, like Sleepover for younger ones and Kiss for older ones...My favourite one is Double Act. I cried at the end. And I also cried for Bad Girls, when they said they'd meet on the rainbow. Oh yeah, I also cried for Suitcase Kid, at the end....Jacqueline Wilson is the best author ever!

Back