• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

James Jones

Rain Dog

kickbox
Hi. Would be interested in discussing the works of James Jones. Specifically From Here to Eternity, The Thin Red Line, Whistle and Some Came Running ('cause they're the ones I've read...). Look forward to hearing from you all out there.

It's been a long time since this post, but I hope you are still around.

From Here to Eternity is my favourite novel ever. A truly great book. Done no justice at all by the movie. The mini series in the late 70's did a good job of the book though. Unfortunately it has never come on the telly again here, and I cannot find it on DVD or video.

A Thin Red Line was also very good. Whistle was a bit obsessed with the steamy side of things I thought, but the ending was something else.

I am re reading From Here to Eternity. I think it is going to be even better this time. A marvellous book. Real people. A rather odd hero..a man whose principles meant everything and eventually cost him his life.

I could talk about this book forever.

Back