• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

James Redfield: The Celestine Prophecy

alfinge

kickbox
What do you mean about The Celestine Prophecy book by James Redfield?
Have they made a movie of it? Many people sees this book as the new bible, and they try to live by/in the Prophecy... Do you belive in the things in Redfields books?

A Critical Mass
A new spiritual awakening is occurring in human culture, an awakening brought about by a critical mass of individuals who experience their lives as a spiritual unfolding, a journey in which we are led forward by mysterious coincidences.

The Longer Now
This awakening represents the creation of a new, more complete worldview, which replaces a five-hundred-year-old preoccupation with secular survival and comfort. While this technological preoccupation was an important step, our awakening to life's coincidences is opening us up to the real purpose of human life on this planet, and the real nature of our universe.

A Matter of Energy
We now experience that we live not in a material universe, but in a universe of dynamic energy. Everything extant is a field of sacred energy that we can sense and intuit. Moreover, we humans can project our energy by focusing our attention in the desired direction...where attention goes, energy flows...influencing other energy systems and increasing the pace of coincidences in our lives.

The Struggle for Power
Too often humans cut themselves off from the greater source of this energy and so feel weak and insecure. To gain energy we tend to manipulate or force others to give us attention and thus energy. When we successfully dominate others in this way, we feel more powerful, but they are left weakened and often fight back. Competition for scarce, human energy is the cause of all conflict between people.

At the height of the book's popularity, Redfield spoke about the possibility of a movie. Now after all these years they have finished the film; it is scheduled for release spring 2006.

I have a copy of the book and the guide ready to be released through BookCrossing, but now maybe I'll re-read TCP and read the guide. I remember liking the story but the narrator/lead character was an annoying shlub at times.

alfinge said:
Do you belive in the things in Redfields books?
The concepts are interesting and the book is still very popular but it is fiction after all. I'll post again after I re-read.

Link to the movie site.
Link to Redfield's site.

I havent read it, but my brother thought it was horrible. I asked him why? ... But the reply was always the same that he thought it was horrible.

Not exactly the greatest argument against a book :)

Though my brother borrowed it of a friend who absolutely loved it:D

(these must be the most useless comments ever:cool: )

I love the books!

I read all his books and i love them! and i`m realy looking foreward to the movie! :)

I had borrowed and read this book years ago and I don't remember much but that the friend that gave it to me raved about it and I think I liked it. I'm not helpful either I guess. I had heard of the movie plans awhile ago and wondered what had happened to it.

I read the first one, but The Tenth Insight and The Eleventh Insight, or whatever that last one was called, were both rather inferior. I took the meanings of all three with a pinch of salt although I thought The Celestine Prophecy was very well written. I'm excited about the film, but not holding my breath for it, although, if it's finally ready, that's great.

steffee said:
I read the first one, but The Tenth Insight and The Eleventh Insight, or whatever that last one was called, were both rather inferior. I took the meanings of all three with a pinch of salt although I thought The Celestine Prophecy was very well written. I'm excited about the film, but not holding my breath for it, although, if it's finally ready, that's great.

I agree with this, I didn't really read it looking for spiritual insight but more as I read any book just out of curiousity, I guess.

Well written!

The Celestine Prophecy was very well written but the next two books not so good, but i loved them! I could read them one more time... :)

Very , very , very horrible book !!

Firstly , it couldve been written in say 10 pages. The whole plot was very formulaic.The character seemed to attract danger and terrible situations etc , and yet , there's no catharsis ...no emotional change. The spiritual information that the book released was no more then new age rubbish , it the points may be very valid , but it doesnt tell you how to change your life to these principles , or how to access your true will or even self empowerment. It talks about coincedences , but nothing on jung , synchronicities or the path to individuation ..

and the prose was rubbish

I havent read it, but my brother thought it was horrible. I asked him why? ... But the reply was always the same that he thought it was horrible.

Not exactly the greatest argument against a book :)

Though my brother borrowed it of a friend who absolutely loved it:D

(these must be the most useless comments ever:cool: )

Amen to that guy !!! sometimes a word say's more than any explanation

Back