• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

James Rollins

Worm

What are his books like ? I'm planning to buy 'Map Of Bones' & 'Sandstorm' I've heared they're good.

Hi Worm

James Rollins is a good writer IMO, he writes adventure fiction & tech-thrillers in the style of Matthew Reilly, Jack DuBrul,Steve Alten, etc...

his strong point is that the environment is also a strong character by itself as seen in almost all his books

1] Subterranean = below the antartic continent

2] Excavation = In the indian pyramids[i don't remember whih race]

3] Deep Fathom = Below the pacific ocean

4] Amazonia = In the amazonian raiforests

5] Icehunt = In the artic polar cap

6] Sandstorm = In the deserts of Oman

Sandstorm is a kind of prequel to the SIGMA series, of which "Map of bones" is the first book

you can however read MOB before sandstorm as it is not a sequel per se but some of the characters in MOB have their origins explained in SS

and they are both fantastic reads so go ahead & enjoy them

ps: My personal fav are Sub-T, Excavation. Amazonia, SS & MOB, also if you wanna know more bout him then read this interview http://forums.thebookforum.com/showthread.php?t=5575&highlight=james+rollins+interview[march+2005]

I’ve read Map of Bones and I’m currently reading Excavation. Both books grabbed my interest right away, have plenty of action, and sparked a tremendous amount of curiosity in the material presented. Map of Bones held me all the way through to the end and Excavation is doing very well so far.

I've only read Excavation and Subterranean (so far) and they were enjoyable brain candy. My wife read Amazonia and liked it. I have read all the Fantasy novels by Rollins' alter ego James Clemens and he ranks as one of my favorites.
I've been told that his writing has improved dramatically with Sandstorm.

hey!

Hi Sellsword

You have heard correct bout Sandstorm & Jim's writing has improved by leaps & MOB is even better

btw i'm also a Clemens fan, so have you read Shadowfall?

Storm

Hi!

Sell Sword said:
You bet your black bile I did!

Hey dude thats cool so what did you think bout the epilogue, man it turned the entire story entirely in a new direction :cool:

so what were your fav moments in it[mine was the revlation about "He who is coming", about Dart's past & of course the epilogue]

btw if you want, you can join in on the J. Rollins/Clemens board http://phate999.proboards46.com/index.cgi

anyways would like to hear your thoughts on the storyline.

Storm

I understand Rollins' next book Black Order is due out next year. Something to look forward to.

Back