• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Jasper Fforde

Melter

kickbox
Jasper Fforde and Eugene Byrne

Just thought I'd let you all know there's an opportunity to have a question answered by Jasper Fforde and Eugene Byrne at my site. The link is below.
Thanks. :)

Ach nooo, im terrible at asking questions - i'd probably stutter for a few seconds and then spurt out something like 'So, why Dodo's exactly??' :D Ive actually only read the Eyre Affair but thought it was terrific, the sequel is at the top of my 'to buy' list, but im trying to work through the unread books ive already got at the mo :) Aaaargh, the third ones out now isnt it?? Only in hardback though i think.

Phil

Don't worry it's not a live chat with the authors, I'm collecting questions to do an interview with them, so if there's anything you wanted to know about them or the writing process then feel free to ask. Btw Steve Aylett and Jon Courtenay Grimwood have agreed to join in this as well.

The third Jasper Fforde book is available in paperback as well, so you've some catching up to do. :)

Just picked up 'Lost in a Good Book' the second Thursday Next novel, cant wait to read it!!

Also, the third one (Well of Lost Plots, i think) is out NOW in paperback, yay!!

Phil

Added quite a few interviews to my site now with more coming soon. I decided to go with a set interview for each author to see how they differ in their approach to the same questions. You can tell from some that their brains are ticking over all the time with ideas and concepts, the sort of people you ask to talk on a subject for one minute and half an hour later... :D

I bought 'The Well of Lost Plots' just yesterday, at Waterstones, in Amsterdam. There was one quote on the back that made me buy it. The quote said the Douglas Adams would be proud. Is Fforde's style comparable to Adams's?

Cheers, Martin :D

Hmmm....the books are amusing and make utterly no sense for a lot of the narrative, so i guess they could be compared to Adams in that way, although the style is not really all that much alike!!

Read the first two first though, i think the third one will make much more sense that way!!

Phil

I had ordered "The Eyre Affair" about a day before I joined this forum...I'm glad to see so many people like it. I cannot wait to get it in and read it...I'd say, if I like Fforde, I'm definitely going to have some catching up to do :)

Yup, Well of Lost Plots is the third one (just bought it, yay me!!)

The first two are -

The Eyre Affair
Lost in a Good Book

Phil :)

Do I have to read it as a trilogy, are can I read them on their own?

And why on earth didn't I know this?!

*hits self on head*

Why didn't I know what?!

Who am I?

Who are you?!

Cheers, Errr ... Me :D

:) Ive only read the first one (have the others on my waiting pile!) so i wouldnt know, although i always prefer to read a series in order (either of publishing or chronological)

Phil

Damn, that's gonna cost me 30 more euros!

Can you spell Ca-chiiiing?! (Because I certainly can't)

Argh, I want my copy of "The Eyre Affair" to arrive in the mail already so I can read it and start wanting the rest of Fforde's books like the rest of you! :-D

Well, consider yourself lucky! I have the third book in the trilogy, and am therefore forced to buy the other two! Damn, I simply hate reasons to buy more books! :p

Originally posted by Martin
Damn, I simply hate reasons to buy more books! :p

Why do I have trouble believing that one? :p
I have to convince myself not to go to the bookstore once per week, because I can't leave without purchasing something.

Problem is, I'm quite broke. So, I've got this book on my shelf, which looks like it's gonna amuse the hell out of me, and I can't read it, because it's the third installment of a trilogy.

It's a cruel world! :( :(

Then that is unfortunate...could you check out the first two at the library? I just got my copy of The Eyre Affair in today, but I'm still finishing Persuasion, so I'm not sure when I'll get to it (soon, I'm sure).

Back