• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Jeffrey Deaver: The Bone Collector

Darren

April 2003 Discussion

The Bone Collector by Jeffery Deaver
tn_554.gif

I need help from people here:
How's the book given the movie or vice versa? Personally quite enjoyed the movie, especially the last twist, though from the movie script point of view, it was I would say 99.99% impossible to get to it... too improbable. Would read the book if a bit more coherence in it...

Morry :)

Personally, I devoured this book when it 1st came out and have read the whole series so far. I love Deaver's attention to detail on forensics and the continued twists. I too enjoyed the movie and the actors did an admirable job but with most any movie, the book is so much better.

I've just read this book and I loved it. Deaver's detail is first class. The ending did seem a little improbable though, but the rest of the book made up for it. Even though I'd seen the movie there are enough changes to make the book a great read.

I'll definitely be reading some more of the Lincoln Rhyme series.

I would thoroughly recommend the Lincoln Rhyme series - they are all excellent (except possibly the latest one, Vanished Man, which was not quite up to par). You may want to be a bit cautious with his other books though as there are a couple of mediocre ones.

J. Deaver

Hi Morry

The movie's good, it one of hollywoods better adaptations but the novel's even better

also check out the entire Lincoln Rhyme series:
- The bone collector
- The coffin Dancer
- The empty chair
- The stone monkey
- The vanished man
- The twelfth card[coming out in june 2005]

btw Lyra i gotta disagree with u on that " the vanished man" was pretty good IMO :)

I would thoroughly recommend the Lincoln Rhyme series - they are all excellent (except possibly the latest one, Vanished Man, which was not quite up to par). You may want to be a bit cautious with his other books though as there are a couple of mediocre ones.

I couldn't possibly disagree more. I think this may be my favorite in the series.

The movie was awful in comparison. That just may be my extreme dislike of A. Jolie. Actors and actresses should get roles based on skill not looks. I think she is awful

Back