• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Jesus theories

I wonder how long it would have taken to get from Israel to Japan in AD 12.

I think the silk road usually took about a year, add on a few months to get from Israel to Damascus and from Xian to Japan.

Of course, Jesus may have had access to better transportation.

afarm1.static.flickr.com_128_414998399_4b1b06b1b8.jpg

So, Jesus didn't actually spend 12 years in Japan. Probably 9 with the balance being used as travel time.

The cool thing about riding a dinosaur is that Jesus could feed it would-be robbers.

Well, it says that he came to Japan when he was 21, so I'm guessing he left Israel not long after his high school graduation.

I'm surprised Japan let him come in and teach with only a high school diploma. They typically want to see a college degree before they will let you in to teach. I'm impressed.

Maybe Isukiri (doesn't that name sound awfully close to "Jesus Christ"?) was a licensed teacher, and Jesus filled in for him? And then Isukiri repaid the debt by filling in for Jesus later on.

Interesting theory.

This has the makings of Dan Brown's next best seller. Or a made for TV movie on SyFy.

:lol: You two (spark & BG) make me smile. If either one of you leave this forum I'm quitting too.

Anyway back to the thread, there is also a really great book called "Jesus Through Middle-Eastern Eyes" that, while it doesn't really offer a boatload of alternative history of Jesus, makes some serious re-evaluations of the history that we know. Interpretation is the biggest thing that I think westerners lose when reading the OT and NT. Certain phrases and actions carry so much more meaning when they are looked at through the culture and historical context of the time.

Ken Bailey is the author and it really is pretty interesting. I would also strongly recommend David Stern's Torah and New Testament commentaries if anyone is interested in hearing how the people who wrote the Bible interpret it. That is, rather than the interpretations of a bunch of late comer europeans... :innocent:
no offense to any europeans on the forum.

Yeah, that book has been mentioned in a few other threads. beer good may or may not have reviewed it. I can't 'member.

Cool. I've been told my life is meaningless without Jesus, but it turns out I can make other people's lives meaningless instead.

Now, to profit off this newfound superpower somehow.

Cool. I've been told my life is meaningless without Jesus, but it turns out I can make other people's lives meaningless instead.

Now, to profit off this newfound superpower somehow.

How does all your newfound superpower feel? :innocent:

im writing a personal experience UFO book which briefly mentions Jesus being closely associated with UFOs and aliens, bright lights in the sky have many times been mentioned as being seen close to him, and the star of Bethlehem being another of such. It is wrote in the bible that he was telepathic, 'he knew their thoughts' i know that statement to have been mentioned in the bible at least 2 times.
My UFO friends are telepathic and many other UFO contactees claim similar, and dont believe all the hype about him being different in being white, there are many 'whites' living in north African and Middle Eastern countries, jus check social sites for photos, many are white many are olive skinned Asian looking.

Cool. Did you get the you-know-where probe?

Back