• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

JK Rowling's Website

I imagine she just gets so many questions that she can't keep up. In a way, I feel a bit sorry for her, as so many people are yelling for the next book to be out already, and I'm sure the pressure to finish is great. I'm glad I don't have that kind of fame....or any kind, really.

don't you think it would be thrilling though to know so many people could relate to what you wrote or liked it so much that they can't wait for more of it? personally i think that would be an awesome feeling.

Eh, not really. No one really relates to me in real life, anyway. I tend to be rather unique in my thinking, and the stories I create in my head are for me. I guess it goes with my loner personality...I've been this way since childhood.

But so is she, not many people can think up a character like Harry Potter and then create (or so we think she created....) a whole world revolving around this character...honestly she has to be pretty unique and look at all the people that are praising her work! I read somewhere that her annual income is greater than the Queen of England, thats a shitload of money!!

If I cared that much about money, I wouldn't have stopped being a chemical engineer to be a teacher. And I don't want to be pestered day and night by fans, I mean, I'm sure its nice to be admired...to a point. The only fame I have ever dreamed of, is making some impressive scientific discovery and being famous in the scientific arena.

I always feel a bit sorry for famous people, because I'm sure they get tired of having to share every moment of their lives with the public.

VTChEwbecca said:
I always feel a bit sorry for famous people, because I'm sure they get tired of having to share every moment of their lives with the public.

You're right. But I still think it would be cool...

Question: on the site, there is the rummor thing, and one of them is like Dumbledore is Harrys Grandfather or something.... and her Reply is:

"If Dumbledore had been Harry's grandfather, why on earth would he have been sent to live with the Dursleys?"

Well then why was Harry sent to the Dursley's to begin with. If Dumbledore knew that Sirrrius was his godfather, which he did and they didn't find Sirrius until the next day with the street blown up, why would he have gone to the Dursley's why didn't Dumbledore just ask Hagrid to see him off to Sirrius?

h_carnahan said:
You're right. But I still think it would be cool...

Question: on the site, there is the rummor thing, and one of them is like Dumbledore is Harrys Grandfather or something.... and her Reply is:

"If Dumbledore had been Harry's grandfather, why on earth would he have been sent to live with the Dursleys?"

Well then why was Harry sent to the Dursley's to begin with. If Dumbledore knew that Sirrrius was his godfather, which he did and they didn't find Sirrius until the next day with the street blown up, why would he have gone to the Dursley's why didn't Dumbledore just ask Hagrid to see him off to Sirrius?

I think it has something to do with the fact that his Aunt Petunia has some protection for Harry. I'm not sure if it has to do with blood or what, but if you read in the fifth book, Rowling definitely indicates that there is some protection from being in the Dursley house. I think that's why he was sent to Petunia's house. Also, I think Dumbledore thought Sirrus was the secret-keeper. If he was, and then the Potters turn up dead, doesn't look like Sirrus was too good at keeping a secret. No one but the Potters, Sirrus, and Pettigrew knew that Pettigrew had been the actual secret-keeper, and no one believed Sirrus when he said that he, himself, hadn't been the secret-keeper.

VTChEwbecca said:
I think it has something to do with the fact that his Aunt Petunia has some protection for Harry. QUOTE]

Now I am remembering that, do you think that if Sirius had, had his name cleared, Dumbledore would have allowed Harry to go to live with Sirius like Sirius had asked Harry if he wanted to in the end of book 3?

h_carnahan said:
Now I am remembering that, do you think that if Sirius had, had his name cleared, Dumbledore would have allowed Harry to go to live with Sirius like Sirius had asked Harry if he wanted to in the end of book 3?

That's an interesting question. I'm thinking no, because he sent Harry to stay with the Dursley's during the summer in book 5, while Hermione and Ron were with The Order of the Phoenix at Sirus' house. I think he still wanted Harry under that protection and didn't bring him away until the Dementors almost took him and his cousin out. There must be some powerful protection there, and I have a feeling Rowling will explain it in the next book.

VTChEwbecca said:
There must be some powerful protection there, and I have a feeling Rowling will explain it in the next book.

I hope so. But isn't it love? the magic that Lily Potter died for her son for? and thats why Aunt Petunia can protect him because the love runs through her veins. But wait that cant be it right? Because in book 4 Voldermort gets Harry's blood so that can no longer protect him, and then they duel and all the people from the past appear.... hmmmm...

h_carnahan said:
I hope so. But isn't it love? the magic that Lily Potter died for her son for? and thats why Aunt Petunia can protect him because the love runs through her veins. But wait that cant be it right? Because in book 4 Voldermort gets Harry's blood so that can no longer protect him, and then they duel and all the people from the past appear.... hmmmm...

Who knows, I'm not really sure. We may have been given the clues, but I can't sort them out.

I think that it is mentioned in book 4 that the reason Harry stays with the Dursleys is because Dumbledore cast a spell that keeps Harry safe as long as he's with blood relations; the Dursleys are the only ones left.

Why do you think that Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon are against magic. Do you believe that there is some deeper meaning behind the idea that it is just because they think it is freakish?

h_carnahan said:
Why do you think that Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon are against magic. Do you believe that there is some deeper meaning behind the idea that it is just because they think it is freakish?

That's a very, very good question. I think Petunia may be against it because she is jealous. Remember her saying how wonderful her parents thought it was that Lily was a witch. I'm going to have to give this one some thought...definitely an interesting question.

Vernon and Petunia are also conformists - very concerned about what the neighbors and esp. Vernon's boss think. So having Harry be different is an embarrassment.

VTChEwbecca said:
Found this via another forum: JK Rowling's Official Website - there is a bit of info about various characters and other assorted rumors, as well as a biography and some other interesting material.

Thought some of you might want to check this out.

Thanks for the link. :) I liked it. I found it interesting that they used the pen as otherlinks. At first, i had thought it would be the watch. :)

I had the similar kinda questions, that why Harry should have to live with his aunt and uncle; that why during every summer holiday, he should have to go back to that 'home', that why his uncle was soooooooooo mad at his being a wisard; that why the love of his mother was considered as such kinda magical power that no other magic stuff can compete, can protect him.................etc, etc,etc. Yet, I like to keep them to myself, and imagin many reasons, or explanations. it is a kind of amusement to me in guessing, in predicting what would be the result. (only have finished 3 of them. :eek: )

Back