• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Joel Rosenberg: Keepers Of The Hidden Ways

marxlaws

Keepers of the Hidden Ways was one of his better stuff although i still think Guardians of the Flame was his best work. The premise -While visiting at a friend's family's farm in the Dakotas, a young fencer discovers that the father is a deulist royal turned refugee from another world,and that the family handyman is something like a Norse god, and that the folk of the old world (both good and evil) maintains interest in the family. What follows is pretty good stuff .pure rosenburg, i think he dreams of becoming a swordsman, from the way he writes you would think he already is one of the first order. i wont say anymore because well that would suck if you aint picked it up. and all of them are already writen. thats a plus now days. i have only read the first one so dont tell me how it ends.

anyone read Keepers of the Hidden Ways yet?

Great Books

I've read all three of the keeper's of the Hidden Ways. As you said there pretty good ,pure rosenburg. The Fire King and Crimson Sky are worth reading, He ties evrything together nicely and they don't get stale.
And who doesn't dream of growing up to be a swordmans, well at least the be a swordsman part i never wanted/plan to grow up.

did you read the Guardians of the Flame also and if you did which was better in your opinion? and have you ever been to www.slovotskys-laws.com all things joel? they give away a car every week and free posters of joel.

Gaurding of the Flame versus Keepers of the Hidden Ways, I honestly don't know i liked both. if i had to choose i'd probaly go with Keepers of the Hidden Ways. It was more unique, and other than Dave Ducan one of the few books that fencing was in. I liked Guardings of the flame too. But, they were to pure DnD format. (fighter, mage, cleric your basic party) and some of the later books were no where near as good as the first 3-4. I did like how he made the charactors grow though (everyone likes to multiclass).
I've never been to the website i'll have to check it out.

its a good site although you got to temper; as always with fan sites, your comments a little. not as bad as some jordan sites lol you rant a little about the last few books being worthless money makers and they get ALL upset. :) joels work is kind of a religion to them, us. the mods are pretty good people and will let most things slide, thank god. i use to whine about karls departure alot and they kinda put up with me. it was the fundamental reason i searched for them, to call joel out . which after i spoke to joel and some of the homers i kind of understood his pov alot better on the subject.i have come around a little since then but im still waiting for the epic conclusion to gotf. speaking of mods, dave slovotsky the owner of the site is the one that gave me kothw :) my only wish was kothw could have been longer. i thought it was a good read. it grabed me like joels books tend to do and i couldnt put it down.

Back