• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

John Grisham: The Broker

Yeah, I agree he's gone off the boil a bit - didn't he write something about baseball or something recently??? 'King of Torts' was pretty good though - not back to his 'A Time to Kill' or 'Pelican Brief' days but pretty old school Grisham all the same.

I think The Broker must have been the result of a family holiday in Italy and he came back a little excited. Had some lingo lessons also by the looks of it!!

No his most recent book was a work of nonfiction about a murder case in Oklahoma, the case was during the time the book called "Dreams of Ada" was published. It is a great read and shows the ugly side of our judical and criminal systems here in America, you really are guilty until proven innocent in this country.

But don't be put off (famous last words) as his early stuff really is his best. The Pelican Brief, A Time to Kill, The Firm and The Runaway Jury are all good.

Every single Grisham book I have read I have enjoyed (I plan to read them all). But his older work seems to be a bit better though some of my favorites where from his older work (The Street Lawyer, The Last Juror, The Rainmaker, King of Torts). I do have to say though that I go against the grain that the Rainmaker in my mind was one of his lesser books as I didn't really enjoy the story as much. Don't know why but it just didn't capture me like his other work does.

Back