• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Jon Fasman: The Geographer's Library

Prairie_Girl

I'm currently reading this, am about 3/4 of the way through. It's very similar to The Historian in that it connects modern academia with medival mystery. I think maybe because I loved The Historian so much I'm seeing the similarities and being like "pshaw, this is so formulaic" but it is enjoyable and I am looking forward to get to the end of it and see what's really going on in the end.
Has anyone else read this?

Oddly enough, I just finished it myself last week.
Overall, I thought it was a sort of mediocre book. Certainly, it was a better piece of writing the either The Da Vinci Code or The Rule of Four. There were even moments when it reminded me of books like Calvino's Invisible Cities.
However, I am also fairly certain that it was yet another ms. rushed into print hoping to capitalize on the success of The DV Code. At times, it was terribly predictable and at others, downright confusing.
With another year or two of work, it might have been quite good, in my opinion.

I'd say it reminded me more of The Historian. Overall it was merely ok. Honestly I rushed through it just to finish it as I tend to do with books I'm not all that into it. I have another book on hold at the library called The Egyptologist. We'll see...

One thing I did enjoy, was the cops, not the two from Lincoln but the two from Wickenden, the one that was Professor Jadid's nephew and his partner. I loved the way his partner always called Joe "fat person" I don't know why it made me laugh so much but everytime he did it, I giggled.

Back