1. Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

JRR Tolkien and Christopher Tolkien: The Fall of Arthur

Discussion in 'Sci-Fi, Fantasy, & Horror Books' started by sparkchaser, Jun 24, 2013.

1. sparkchaser

sparkchaser Administrator and Stuntman Staff Member

Currently Reading:
    between the lines
    Admin Post
    I don't know how I missed this but Christopher Tolkien has released another of his father's unfinished works: The Fall of Arthur

From the New York Times review:

I really enjoyed The Children of Hurin and especially The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrun and I am looking forward to this new one.

2. Meadow337

Meadow337 Former Moderator

Althought I have read some of the additional books I found them to be too dry, less story and more like history notes, which, quite frankly, I found to be somewhat unreadable. LOTR - fantastic book. The others ... not so much.

3. Dan Brown

Dan Brown New Member

Thanks for the info Spark. I'll definitely give it a chance. Hope not to be disappointed (usually if an author chooses not to publish their work, there's good reason...

4. sparkchaser

sparkchaser Administrator and Stuntman Staff Member

Currently Reading:
    between the lines
    Admin Post
    I think I have it somewhere around here. I'll start on it as soon as I finish my current read.