• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Julian Richards: Blood of the Vikings

Great review Ian, sounds like a good book to read. I found the cover image, and added it to your post if that's OK.

I'll feature it on our homepage if you don't mind.

Julian Richards embarks on a journey to uncover the Vikings’ true legacy in the British Isles. He discovers that they began by raiding, but later developed into farmers, traders and lawmakers. Over the course of two centuries, these Scandinavian settlers battled with kings, took over towns, and eventually ruled all of England. Their influence extended from Dublin to York, and from the far north of Scotland to London itself. They introduced Scandinavian words and traditions, passed on their shipbuilding skills, and left behind a significant genetic inheritance.

AH, now I see where my Highlander Ancestors got their fierce warrior nature! Fascinating! It definitely sounds like a book well worth the read. Thanks for thr recommendation. :)

Chris

Ive met Julian Richards, he's a nice guy :)

Also read the book, having watched the TV series, it was very informative - nice to see the improvement in the public interest in archaeology

Back