• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

June 2009: Salman Rushdie: Midnight's Children

Take a break and then try it again,it really is a great read.Imo.:D

I don't mean to be disrepectful about the book because it has had almost unrivalled success - the Booker of Bookers and all that - but does it become easier to read? I'm not looking for a light read but after reading pages without understanding a single thing, it got a bit too much. Perhaps its just beyond my intellectual reach!

I don't mean to be disrepectful about the book because it has had almost unrivalled success - the Booker of Bookers and all that - but does it become easier to read? I'm not looking for a light read but after reading pages without understanding a single thing, it got a bit too much. Perhaps its just beyond my intellectual reach!

It was very difficult for me too,it started coming together (for me) at the tick tock chapter.As for the intelectual part,don't cut yourself short.

It was very difficult for me too,it started coming together (for me) at the tick tock chapter.As for the intelectual part,don't cut yourself short.

Libra is right on this point. I stalled out at the Methwold chapter several months ago, as noted in my earlier post. Last week, I picked up the book again. Once I got into Part 2, the book began to flow.

The jury is still out as to whether I will like the book as a whole. I am enjoying some of the humor, but overall the story seems ludicrous.

Back