• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Just published.

Funny looking back over that I noticed that while they use literal terms for skin, they do use more descriptive words for the hair. I noticed these terms because there were 3 Johns( John with gold hair, light brown John and dark brown John) and 2 Janes (red hair Jane and black hair Jane) and this was the way the kids described them everyday, even when one came over to out house to play they kept their descriptions.

I worked with 3 first grade classes, so that is the exact age range your writing about (7-8) and these were things I noticed them saying all year. I really loved to listen to the kids talk because they all ways had such fresh outlooks about things.

Hey, Moto...

I know I wasn't invited, but I went to your homepage, too.

Too cool. Didn't realize you wrote children's books. TeeZee seems pretty awesome!

Do you do the artwork yourself?

I am impressed!

Thanks for sharing (sort of)!

Frodo Potter,

Ronny makes a good point.

My 9-y/o was talking to me about one of her friends in school. She was telling how pretty she was, and describing her.

She said she had curly black hair, green eyes, and that she was a brown person.

Kids tend to describe what they see quite literally.

Back