• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Just Punishment? Or is there no answer for this?

Sar said:
From a more objective standpoint, the media should be alot more careful about how it covers crimes. Papers are interested in sales figures & nothing much else, they don't do it for any noble reason, such as feeling the public deserve to know the truth. For that reason, it's important to remember papers do tend to sensationalize things & will nearly always have some sort of bias too. I'm not saying that papers shouldn't keep us informed of crimes which have been committed, but that they should be alot more careful of how they cover them.

i totally agree with you Sar. media coverage is one of the major issues that needs to be addressed here.

the thing is, i have thought about all this stuff. how things get out of hand, how much this guy would eat up in "the system". what kind of effect he's had on the lives of his victims. and the only conclusion i draw is to get rid of him and do it quickly. there is no question of his guilt. it seems like i just want to ignore the problem, but that isn't the case. some problems can't be fixed, that's how i see it.

I despise the idea of having to "protect" one of these dirtballs for the rest of their lives....are you talking a private cell, with special guards, and food delivered to them, and private showers, and special exercize times, private access to library and music and television......????

nope...if that's the case I say kill him.....in this case, with this much evidance....kill him....that's the best for all involved....

It's more a case of all the sex offenders are kept in a seperate wing, so they get treated the same way as other prisoners but only mix with other rapists & paedophiles. Prior to this, sex offenders would get attacked by other in-mates & even prison guards sometimes.

Sar said:
It's more a case of all the sex offenders are kept in a seperate wing, so they get treated the same way as other prisoners but only mix with other rapists & paedophiles. Prior to this, sex offenders would get attacked by other in-mates & even prison guards sometimes.

which comes back to my post #39, which I don't care to re-write....

*shudder*

At the very, very least, this man (and I use the term generously) should never be allowed in public again. I'm not for bumping him off, because I don't think that's a call we're supposed to make, but to allow him to even approach another minor would be an unthinkable mistake.

Acolyte said:
*shudder*

At the very, very least, this man (and I use the term generously) should never be allowed in public again. I'm not for bumping him off, because I don't think that's a call we're supposed to make, but to allow him to even approach another minor would be an unthinkable mistake.

So you're going to put a 23 year old in prison for the rest of his life. That could be as long as 60+ years. Where does society benefit from caging an animal for 60+ years? Imagine what could be done to him or what he could do to others in prison. He could prey on weaker inmates that might only be in jail for a minor drug offense. He could turn much more violent and hurt or kill another inmate.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I do have internal struggles with what is the "right" thing to do. Obviously there's no death penalty for his type of crime (although I wouldn't mind if there was).

Comes back to my original question...what is just punishment for a crime of this nature?

Back