• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Katherine Kerr

rune

I was surprised to see none of this authors books in the sites library.

She can produced quite a lot of books and I am really enjoying Snare that i started to read this month :)

Anyon else like this author?

rune

Yes.

I am a huge fan of Kerr. I recently read a review on Amazon (I was searching for her latest book) that shreaded her as a writer but my feelings are quite the opposite.

I really enjoyed Kerr's Deverry series, which is topnotch fantasy IMO.

If I had more time, I would maybe ask for Katharine Kerr's books to be added to the library so that I could submit reviews, but I just struggle to find the time for that.

Magemanda, have you had a chance to read any of the material from her new book; The Gold Falcon, which is posted on her website?

I haven't, no. I tend not to read excerpts from books posted on author websites because it either a) makes me desperate to buy and read them, even though they're not published yet (a la George RR Martin's 4th book in A Song of Ice and Fire) or b) makes me so disappointed in the new material that I end up never reading the final book.

I have to admit that I preferred Katharine Kerr's first two quartets a little more than this latest one.

I agree, I liked the first quartet much more. The whole Evander thing got to be a bit much.

Her latest book has approximately 5 chapters (hard to tell on line) and it left me wanting more. I won't give any of it away but I think you'll enjoy it.

Katherine Kerr's Deverry series is one of my favorites. I enjoy the way she works the past lives of the characters into the stories and how the stories move between different periods of time.

I love Katherine Kerr, but I have to admit that it feels like I have been waiting forever for these last Deverry books. I know she has been ill, but I don't understand why she wrote some other book before finishing this series.

I feel like I've been waiting an eternity for several fantasy series to finish up!! Let us count them together.... :rolleyes:

A Song of Ice and Fire
Deverry
The Wheel of Time
Terry Goodkind's wizard series
For those that bothered, Steven Erikson's lengthy saga

I could go on!! The trilogy has been beaten into the ground by the ever-growing epic saga!

What is a good series or first book to start with Kerr? It seems as if there are a zillion books. I hvnt read her yet because of that, but when I do, what book or series should I start with first?

Yes. I actually got confused and read the first book of the second series first. It didn't matter too much, but I have since gone back and read them all again from Daggerspell. That is something I will have to do again when she finally releases the last two.

Amgemanda, I know what you mean. I started reading Wheel of Time thinking, "Well he has heaps out already and seems to be almost finished." What a mistake. I have since decided not to start reading any trilogies or series unless all books are completed and published.

Katharine Kerr

I absolutely love Katharine Kerr books..started reading the Deverry series when i was about 13. I can't wait for the next one The Golden Falcon...

What is Snare like? Is it as good as her other novels??

Deverry

i recently just finished "the fire dragon" after having read all the other books in the whole series. i really really liked these books, especially how each character came back and the story was not set in only one time, but numerous ones that kept changing. gave me something to concentrate extra hard on to make sure i knew what was going on. i was a little upset when i found out that there are still 2 more books coming out and that the first one isn't even close, nevermind the second one :mad: guess ill just have to re-read them when they come out.

I have just started Daggerspell. Well actually I started it once before but I didnt concentrate 100% and got a little bit confused! SO I have had to start again and read a bit slower to take all the names and info in. I am about 65 pages it and I am really enjoying it so far. I am looking foward to seeing how the story goes. There are loads of her books to start on after this one so I won't be stuck for things to read if this book finishes as well as it started!

:)

totally agree with Magemanda! trilogies were accepted, then they came in 4's and 6's and now...... there's all too much waiting inbetween book releases.. i've long forgotten the start to WOT and SOT, the details anyway.. and Kerr's Deverry series as well, Daggerspell was released in 1986! (that's even earlier than the first of Jordan's WOT series) and as much as i have loved all of these books, and yes, i'll admit to a collectors streak too, i am becoming very tired of them, and rejoice when i find a plain trilogy, or the complete novelty of a stand alone story!

Back