• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Kenya: The Promised Land

Ken Wasil

Seeing that it is nearly Christmas and the week of Black Friday, I thought I would take the opportunity to tell you about the fantastic country of Kenya and my newest book, African Safari Bootcamp for Women.

I spent three months traveling through the magical land while researching this story about "A group of women who get standed in the bush without food, water or weapons". I visited the small towns and villages, and got to know and made friends with the local people. I hiked alone in the wilderness to get a feel for what it would be like for the characters in my story who become lost in the bush without food, water or weapons. The countryside is magnficent, the climate is pleasant, and the people are truly the most friendly in the world.

leopard-226136_960_720.jpg

Christians Make Up 90% of the Population

Most of us believe that countries in Africa are full of radicals bent on causing destruction. Not true of Kenya. With 90% of the population devote Christians, you’re as likely to hear gospel music in music shops and clubs as you are to hear rock’n roll. On Friday and Saturday nights, church services often run from late afternoon until 8 am the next morning.

You’ll see and hear churches services and revivals in hotels, on the sides of the roads, in parks, and outdoor markets at all hours of the day. Even the people who live in the tribal villages, such as the Masai, are Christians. Many of them move to the cities and take up the ministry.

Opportunities Are Available for Everyone

Although Kenya is still a poor country, opportunities for making a living are available to everyone. Most families own a small farm where they grow food for their own table and to supplement their income. People are free to start small businesses, such as selling vegetables or household items from a stall, and then build them into larger enterprises.

As Stacy, one of the characters in African Safari Bootcamp for Women, a “wanna-be private-eye” with a nose ring and tattoos covering her arms, said, “Kenya is truly the “Promised Land”. What with people farming, starting businesses, moving ahead so fast with the use of modern technology, and being so spiritual, Kenya is poised to be an example to the world of what a people can accomplish when they set their minds on a target and work together to accomplish it.”

A visit to Kenya is truly a moving experience. While the well off tourists stay in exclusive lodges and go on expensive safaris, it is quite easy to live in the small hotels and guest houses and eat at the local restaurants, that are available everywhere, for under $15 dollars a day. The country is guaranteed to inspire you and bring tears to your eyes. Indeed, it is the crucible of man where all of our heritages began. Whoever you are, a visit to Kenya will reconnect you with your roots and restore something long ago lost.

African Safari Bootcamp for Women Description:

The lure of Africa and a chance to improve their lives bring a group of professional women together from three continents for great white hunter Cassidy Magriff’s African Safari Bootcamp for Women. But a bruised lover and a Kenyan army officer have other plans for the band—to reap a profit and extract revenge.
The main characters: Henna, A Beverly Hills Hairdresser; Theresa, a high-powered Spanish sales manager; Katie, a retired Australian soldier, and Stacy, a eighteen year old discipline problem with tattoos up to her shoulders, become stranded in the bush without food, water, or weapons. Mo, a Kenyan-American who grew up with a Masai tribe, is saddled with the task of leading the troupe to safety.
The women fortify themselves with spiritual exercises, discussions of literature, such as Jane Eyre, and the gamet of women’s issues. They form friendships and alliances and each uncovers skills and talents that contribute to the survival of the band.

If you are interested in reading African Safari Bootcamp for Women or finding out more about my books, Google Ken Wasil, your favorite online book store, or http://freetime.wix.com/books-from-ken-wasil

Back