• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Kim Edwards: The Memory Keeper's Daughter

DogEar

One of the better books I've read in a while (actually just got made into a movie as well, fingers crossed for goodness). Just wonderin' what people think of Kim Edwards, would ya recommend her other work?

One of the better books I've read in a while (actually just got made into a movie as well, fingers crossed for goodness). Just wonderin' what people think of Kim Edwards, would ya recommend her other work?

based on that one book? probably not.

dogear, the memory keeper's movie is on tonight (saturday) actually, on LIfetime. I have my tivo set... hopefully the movie will do the book justice.

Yes I saw it. While I'm still a bigger fan of the book I thought it was well executed. The changes that were made to the story were subtle enough to still carry the same feeling the book had. Also well done in the acting side of it.

I'll have to look for the movie, although I usually end up liking the book better, I still always have to watch the movie if there is one, if not I would always wonder.

I saw the movie over the weekend. The movie followed the book better then most, but like DogEar, I favor the book.

I was a bit disappointed in the book. I thought it started well, and the idea behind the book was interesting, but it just ran out of steam towards the end, IMO. I'd hoped for something a bit heavier, and dramatic. :rolleyes:

Back