• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Kindle HDX 7"

trappa

Treat myself to a kindle hdx for Christmas for being a good boy, obviously santa didnt agree. Anyway, Initial thoughts are its very similar to the kindle fire hd, Ive got that as well. A touch easier to navigate around, a little better at connecting to my internet, thats about it.
My main bug with it is its much brighter than the HD, which sounds better but if you read in bed like me to relax and wind down, the kindle glows up like a reactor at Chernobyl, even on the lowest setting, its way too bright. Ive downloaded an app called "Nightmode" for free in the app store and that works, its just a shame Amazon didnt test it in the bedroom while making the thing as its my only proper bugbear.
Its a nice read, words are clearer somehow and picture is better than the HD. If anyone has any other questions about it before buying ask away.
alan

Back