• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Kiwi Simile | Children's Non-Fiction

Megan McNellis

I am writing to share some great news!

I have self-published a book, titled Kiwi Simile, using Create Space.

Kiwi Simile is an informative and educational book all about the Kiwi Bird, a very interesting and disappearing species. The drawings feature an anthropomorphized Kiwi Bird engaging in somewhat familiar activities related to the text, which transforms these hard facts into fun, relevant content for anyone! I've received wonderful feedback from both children and adults who have enjoyed this book.

This book is written using passive voice, so the material is accessible to everyone - from younger readers to the more distinguished.

I created this book so I may share my love of art, animals, science, and nature in a meaningful way.

More information about me and this project is available at: KiwiSimile.BlogSpot.com
(Don't forget to got to check out the "coming soon!" section and add your name to the e-mail list, if so inclined)

Attachments

• coverIMG.jpg
    coverIMG.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 0
Welcome to the forum Megan,

Congrats on the book and just by the way your other posts were deleted because self promotion is only allowed in this thread thanks. If you could please observe this rule in future posts it would be great.

Ha! Don't worry, I won't.

I know that rules are an important part of maintaining order - I must have overlooked that section this time.:confused:

This "shameless self promo" section is great - I'm really glad its here!

Midwest Book Review of Kiwi Simile!

"Kiwi Simile" is an unusual, humorous nature educational book that combines pungent, witty, graphic-like illustrations with fascinating factoids and details about the life and habits of the New Zealand kiwi, a threatened species which is described as a bird and an 'honorary mammal.' The kiwi is the smallest Ratite, a category of flightless bird species. Many interesting details are described in the narrative and also humorously depicted in the imaginative illustrations. "Kiwi Simile" is an entertaining read and a fun way to learn many strange things about this unusual, declining species... "Kiwi Simile" is juvenile nonfiction at its finest. Also highly recommended is a second title by the same author/illustrator, Ant Adaptation."

More information available at Megan Brown Draws

Attachments

• Kiwi_coverIMG.jpg
    Kiwi_coverIMG.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 0
Posts moved as the section rules state: One thread per title. Please keep all information for one book in one thread.

Back