• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Kurt Vonnegut: God Bless You, Dr. Kevorkian

WoundedThorns

i started reading this book last night and i absolutely love it. it's short, less than 80 pages, and i'm halfway through. i love the short chapters - it gets to the point. almost every sentence seems powerful. plus its one of the only few books that i actually laughed out loud while reading. Kurt Vonnegut goes through the "pearly gate" to interview dead people. i find this concept ironic since he's a humanist. he makes some sort of point about society through their words or his reflection. as i was reading this i was thinking how i need to recommend it to some friends of mine and my sister.

its my first Kurt Vonnegut novel and i'm definatly looking foward to reading more.

I read that book when it first came out, so my memory is a little vague, but I think I got the impression that he had gotten a little dotty, and maybe a little more conservative politically. I felt that he had written one book too many.

His latest collection of essays, however, is somewhat back in form: A Man Without a Country.

the one thing i didn't like is that Hitler and other enemies to humanity still went to heaven.. it did make sense when the last line was something about people being hell.

Mari said:
I read that book when it first came out, so my memory is a little vague, but I think I got the impression that he had gotten a little dotty, and maybe a little more conservative politically. I felt that he had written one book too many.

His latest collection of essays, however, is somewhat back in form: A Man Without a Country.

ah yes, i've seen it in stores before. shame it was over $20

Back