• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last King of Scotland

Catalyst

This was such a good film. I was warned to not look at what was in hte basment of the hospital but i looked :(

It is about a scottish doctor who travels to Uganda in the 70's to help out and becomes friends with the new leader Idi Amin. He becomes his private doctor and his closest advisor but as we all know Idi Amin wasnt quite as nice as he seemed and hte doctor soon began to get into trouble.
Sleeping with one of Amins wives and gettin her pregnant didnt help :rolleyes: I really didnt like what Amin did to her. Horrible, but i guess thats the point

Ohhh I loved the movie.
It was really gross and grotty at times, but other than that i thought it was fantastic. I want to read the book now!

I definitly recommend this movie.
Lani

I want to read the book now!

I just bought the book, so I will let you know what I think of it! I also liked the movie, even though it was disturbing at times, so I imagine the book will be even better.

Back