• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Laurie R. King: Justice Hall

Ashlea

Finally finished all of the Sherlock Holmes and was able to move on to this.

Not generally much of a mystery reader, but this was very enjoyable. The setting is detailed and believable, the characters well-drawn, the plot fast paced. Read it in one sitting, and stayed up a bit too late.

I'm not rushing to the store to buy all of the other novels with this detective, but if I see them in the future I'll be interested.

Much prefer this Sherlock Holmes to Doyle's version, didn't feel like smacking him all the time for witholding information. Maybe Holmes mellowed in his old age. ;) For future reference, the Sherlock Holmes novels should not be read all at once. Also, I don't think I waited long enough to re-read because I generally remembered the plot twist after reading the 1st page. :rolleyes:

Ashlea, why did you do that to yourself? I flat out love the Doyle Holmes but if I wasn't used to drinking I would'nt guzzle down a bottle or more of fine wine all in one sitting. I'd stretch it out and savor it in-between a few other choice morsels. Now all you've done is left a sour taste in your mouth.

BTW,I agree, the King series is nicely done.

RaVeN

I LOVE, absolutely LOVE, Laurie R. King's Sherlock Holmes & Mary Russell mystery series. I devoured the series last summer. They are interesting and they keep the reader in suspense. Read them if you haven't; don't necessarily have to read them in order (although the latest two relate to one another).

Back